Trendway Corporation (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites Trendway.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy
- offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Our Website is not intended for children defined as the younger of 13 years of age or as prescribed by the law where you reside. No child may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a child, do not use any of the interactive or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as product purchase history; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies
- From third parties, for example, our business partners
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting customer service. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website
- Your search queries on the Website
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Speed up your searches
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons – Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity)
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Trendway assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Trendway about our Website users is among the assets transferred
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- With your consent
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Trendway, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company – If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or Unsubscribe or at any other time by unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
How long we keep personal information
We retain your information in accordance with our records retention schedule. You can find more information on the criteria used to calculate the retention periods set out below.
We have an enterprise records retention schedule that is based upon a classification scheme consisting of business functions, record classes, and record types. We calculate retention periods for your personal information in accordance with the following criteria:
- the length of time necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for
- when you cease to use our Services
- the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations
- any limitation periods within which claims might be made
- any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations
- the existence of any relevant proceedings
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to opt-out of Company’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosure made for non-marketing purposes.
California law also permits residents of California to request and obtain from us once per year, free of charge, a list of the third parties (if any) to whom we have disclosed personal information for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an e-mail to: email@example.com. Requests via written mail, telephone, or facsimile will not be accepted. The e-mail subject line and the content of your request must include the phrase “Your California Privacy Rights,” and include your name and e-mail address. Please allow 30 days to receive a response to your inquiry.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Privacy Officer, 13467 Quincy Street, Holland, MI 49424
Accessing, Correcting and Deleting Your Information
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict use of, your personal information. You may also have rights to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
We will honor your rights under applicable data protection laws. You have the following rights under European laws, and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries.
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): The right to have certain personal information about you erased
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to opt out of marketing: You can manage your marketing preferences by unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us or by visiting the applicable preference center
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent
When you make such a request, we will balance your legal and privacy rights with our legal obligations to preserve information.
In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
In order to exercise your rights, please complete this Data Request Form and send it ot email@example.com.
Trendway is a global organization and your personal information may be stored and processed outside of your home country, including in countries that may not offer the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country. We have measures in place to ensure that when your personal information is transferred internationally, it is subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with data protection laws. Often, these include contractual safeguards. Data transferred to the United States is protected under the Privacy Shield framework.
When we transfer personal information internationally, we put in place safeguards in accordance with applicable law (including Articles 44 to 50 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation).
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards and product reviews. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Filing a Complaint
If you are not content with how we manage your personal information, you can lodge a complaint with a privacy supervisory authority. In the European Economic Area, the relevant supervisory authority is the one in the country or territory where:
- you are a resident
- you work, or
- the alleged infringement took place
A list of National Data Protection Authorities in the European Economic Area can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
13467 Quincy Street
Holland, MI 49424